If you blog it they will come?

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"Artifacts" of taking Graphics/Computer Vision courses

from http://flickr.com/photos/csb13/99025844/

  • When I am in a restaurant I sometimes notice the reflection and refraction of lights and objects through my water glass and try to trace the beams or other objects back to their origin. This is especially true in restaurants with colored lighting.


  • When I am walking around areas with lots of solid geometry like between passageways of buildings on campus, I sometimes imagine that the world is translating or transforming instead of me, the viewer (since they produce equivalent images often the approach in graphics is to shift the entire world). I might sometimes figure out where the vanishing points are relative to all the edges and corners.


  • I am aware of my internal edge sharpening and occasionally notice the effects of mach banding, both phenomenons which occur as the result of signal processing built into the wiring of the rods and cones of the eye itself.

No comments: