If you blog it they will come?

Monday, December 1, 2008

Opencongress.org

I just discovered Open Congress, a pretty sweet site for bringing clarity and perspective to US politics + legislation.

For example, check out the page for HR 2082, the CIA funding bill vetoed by Bush for its interrogation tactics restrictions:

H.R. 2082

You can see who voted Aye, Nay or abstain, its amendments, its trajectory through Congress (ending in a failed override) and related bills and news articles.

For example, these 4 Senators voted "Nay" on the bill:

Waterboarding fans

Unfortunately I could not locate a convenient "Contact this politician" button so that I could quickly dispatch an appropriate nastygram. At the least, it could link me to their Facebook profile (seeing as how I can "share" Senator Chambliss with all my friends on Facebook...)

No comments: